Lead the field! Embrace freedom, flexibility and spirit. Work hard. Play hard. Give back.
That's only the beginning of our story...
At Henderson Engineers, we’re about more than buildings. We’re about the people, experiences, and potential found inside. Since 1970, our emphasis has been on technical excellence, client-centric relationships, and helping both people and projects reach their full potential.
We provide single-source design and service solutions for the life of the building, from initial design to remodeling to commissioning. We provide total building system design services including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, architectural lighting, fire and life safety, code consulting, audio-visual, broadcast, security, technology, commissioning, engineer-led design-build, and sustainability consulting.
With 12 locations across the country, our nationwide footprint provides seamless project service wherever our clients need us. We’re always focused on how the building’s design impacts its functionality. Simply put, we make buildings work.
Henderson designs systems for various facility types in markets including retail, sports, grocery, healthcare, education, corporate, and multi-use. Check out the Portfolio section on our website to see a virtual tour of our past and present projects.
We are currently seeking a Technology Specialist in our Lenexa Headquarters Office. In this role, the Technology Specialist will be part of our Collective Tech specialty team and offers a broad range of technology infrastructure and system consulting, design and procurement options. The main position requirements will focus in the audio-visual aspect of assigned projects and will include:
- Assisting in developing overall audio-visual system layouts and schematics
- Assist in the design of AV systems – under direction of a senior designer
- Preparing drawings of system layout, details, rack elevations and signal flow diagrams
- Performing necessary calculations for assigned projects
- Preparing project specifications
- Attend job site meetings for construction observation or pre-design purposes – some travel involved
- Provide technical information and assistance to project manager or team leader. Make recommendations as to the feasibility of certain systems or equipment, and evaluate products for their application
Our ideal candidate will also have success in the following skills and abilities:
- Experience with both ACAD and Revit and/or other related design tools is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly desired but will consider overall years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years professional experience as an acoustical designer and consultant is required
- Clear oral and written communication
- Additional experience in security, telecom and or acoustics is a huge plus
Henderson Engineers' success is a direct result of quality individuals working together toward one common goal – long-standing client relationships. To this end, Henderson Engineers is committed to the support and growth of our employees by providing several key benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and high bonus potential
- 401(k) with industry-leading match and generous profit sharing
- Casual attire workplace
- Flexible hours
- Family-friendly working environment
- Company-sponsored activities for employees and their families
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- A comprehensive wellness program supporting physical, financial, social, career and community essentials.
- 2014-2016 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail ) Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality) Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant) Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2008-2016 - ENR Top 500 Design Firms
- 2006, 2007, 2009 - 2016 Finalist “Best Places to Work" – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work” – Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work” – Phoenix Business Journal
- 2010-2016 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide” – Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
- 2016 – Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide” - Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report “– Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2011-2016 “Top 20 MEP Giants List” – Consulting-Specifying Engineer
- 2009, 2010, 2014 “Champion of Business” – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2014 “Hall of Champions” – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2015 - 2016 “Healthiest Employer” – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer” - Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2009 “Engineering Firm of the Year” – American Subcontractors Association – Kansas City (ASAKC)
- 2009 “Top Ten Green Projects – AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- 2011 “Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture” – AIA Central States
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Outcome Construction Services are EEO – M/F/V/D employers and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Outcome Construction Services must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this opportunity