Lead the field! Embrace freedom, flexibility and spirit. Work hard. Play hard. Give back.
That's only the beginning of our story...
At Henderson Engineers, we’re about more than buildings. We’re about the people, experiences, and potential found inside. Since 1970, our emphasis has been on technical excellence, client-centric relationships, and helping both people and projects reach their full potential.
We provide single-source design and service solutions for the life of the building, from initial design to remodeling to commissioning. We provide total building system design services including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, architectural lighting, fire and life safety, code consulting, audio-visual, broadcast, security, technology, commissioning, engineer-led design-build, and sustainability consulting.
With 12 locations across the country, our nationwide footprint provides seamless project service wherever our clients need us. We’re always focused on how the building’s design impacts its functionality. Simply put, we make buildings work.
Henderson designs systems for various facility types in markets including retail, sports, grocery, healthcare, education, corporate, and multi-use. Check out the Portfolio section on our website to see a virtual tour of our past and present projects.
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer in our Las Vegas, Phoenix and/or Los Angeles Office. This individual will have 5-7 years of experience and be responsible for the design of fire protection systems and will perform engineering calculations in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards on building projects in the retail, healthcare, higher education, grocery, restaurant and public sector markets. Specific position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Travel to job sites to conduct site surveys, flow tests and review of existing fire protection systems
- Assist in the design of automatic sprinkler systems and other fire protection systems
- Perform calculations and design engineering systems
- Provide technical information and assistance to project engineer or team leader
- Make recommendations as to the feasibility of certain systems or equipment, and evaluates products for their application
- Contact water utility company personnel to coordinate appropriate fire entrance size and location for a project
- Contact building and fire code officials to coordinate fire protection design criteria and project requirements
- Check shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications
- Respond to code comments and resolves permit issues with code officials
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders
- Evaluate and specify plumbing products and their appropriate application on the assigned project
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report
- Ensure the installation of the plumbing system meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client
- Complete project "punch-list" and assists in resolving any conflicts between the owner and contractor
- Assist other engineers and designers within other engineering disciplines to successfully integrate multiple disciplines into assigned projects
- Domestic travel required 10% of the time, primarily in the Southwest region
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Fire Protection Engineering from an ABET EAC Accredited Program (Engineering Accreditation Commission). A technical degree or certification and strong relevant experience may commensurate for bachelor’s degree
- Relevant internship or professional experience with a focus on higher education and healthcare projects, as well as projects in retail, restaurant, grocery, entertainment/recreation, mission-critical facilities, telecommunications, sports facilities, office buildings and public projects
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP applications on similar projects is required. Knowledge of Hydracalc or other fire modeling/design software preferred
- Must have or be willing to obtain your FPE for Nevada, Arizona and/or California
Henderson Engineers' success is a direct result of quality individuals working together toward one common goal – long-standing client relationships. To this end, Henderson Engineers is committed to the support and growth of our employees by providing several key benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and high bonus potential
- 401(k) with industry-leading match and generous profit sharing
- Casual attire workplace
- Flexible hours
- Up to 8 hours of Paid Community Service Hours
- Paid Paternal Leave
- Family-friendly working environment
- Company-sponsored activities for employees and their families
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- A comprehensive wellness program supporting physical, financial, social, career and community essentials
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer” – Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work” – Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2010-2014 “Top Engineering Firms Nationwide – Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
- 2010-2015 “Top 10 Retail Architects/ Engineers Report” – Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2011-2014 “Top 20 MEP Giants List” – Consulting-Specifying Engineer
- 2009 “Engineering Firm of the Year” – American Subcontractors Association- Kansas City
- 2009 “Top Ten Green Projects – AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE)
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Outcome Construction Services are EEO – M/F/V/D employers and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Outcome Construction Services must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.